Discover the ideal extracellular microenvironment for optimal cell performance
screenMATRIX is a ready-to-use, 96-well cell culture plate coated with a variety of microenvironments in identifying optimal conditions based on application and cell type. Each well is coated with a different matrix environment in order to determine which biological ligands are responsible for cell adhesion, differentiation or changes phenotype.
screenMATRIX is ready-to-use and stored at room temperature.
denovoMATRIX technologies are designed to enable the functional recreation of any extracellular matrix (ECM) based on any cell type or application in vitro by providing modular, biomimetic coating technology on your choice of cultureware.
- Contains 96 unique microenvironments
- Mimics adhesion proteins such as fibronectin, vitronectin, laminin, and collagen
- Compatible with plate readers and high resolution imaging
Cell Seeding Protocol
1. Calculate the number of cells necessary for your screenMATRIX (96 wells x 0.34 cm2).
2. Harvest your cells from running cultures, wash and count. Note: Thawing cells and directly seeding them onto the screenMATRIX is not recommended.
3. Unpack your screenMATRIX plates.
4. Seed your cells at the desired density into each well. Use 100 µL - 200 µL of media in each well. screenMATRIX plates do not require a pre-incubation with media. We recommend seeding cells in 3 plates for 3 technical replicates.
5. Analyze your cells. screenMATRIX plates are optimal for microscopic examinations (phase contrast as well as fluorescence), well suitable for colorimetric assays as well as standard DNA/RNA and protein isolation protocols and are compatible with automated systems.
|Size||96-well (5 pack)|
|Intended use||cell screening of various extracellular environments, used to determine best matrix environment by cell type and application|
|Catalog Number(s)||S1001/5 (96-well plate)|
|Biological Testing||Each lot of the screenMATRIX is routinely quality controlled for the ability to provide attachment to two cell types: human mesenchymal stromal cells and primary mouse neural progenitors.|
|Sterility||Products meet a minimum Sterility Assurance Level (SAL) according to standard ISO 11137-2 and ISO /TS 13004|
|Shelf-Life||12-months from date of manufacture.|
|Storage||Store at Room Temperature. Protect from UV light.|
|Quality Statement||Product does not contain materials of animal origin.|
This product is for Research Use Only and is not intended for therapeutic or diagnostic use.
References and Publications
- Kristina Thamm, K. et al. 2020. A Novel Synthetic, Xeno‐Free Biomimetic Surface for Serum‐Free Expansion of Human Mesenchymal Stromal Cells. Advanced Biosystems.
- Hamann, A., et al. 2020. Screening a chemically defined extracellular matrix mimetic substrate library to identify substrates that enhance substrate-mediated transfection. Exp Biol Med (Maywood).
- Tondera, C., et al. 2019. Highly Conductive, Stretchable, and Cell‐Adhesive Hydrogel by Nanoclay Doping. Small.
Do I need to prepare the plate before use?
No, the screenMATRIX is ready-to-use. No pre-incubation or washing steps are necessary.
What is the advantage of not using proteins in my culture?
Extracellular matrix proteins are commonly used to recreate important aspects of the cellular microenvironment. However, protein-based coatings are unstable and can show compositional inconsistencies between lots. They also require pre-coating steps before each use, which can result in coating variations due to different user handling.
The denovoMATRIX coating technology is chemically defined with high batch consistency. They are long-term stable and are delivered ready-to-use in standard cell cultureware formats.
What type of lot testing is conducted on the screenMATRIX?
Each lot of the screenMATRIX is routinely quality controlled for the ability to provide attachment of two cell types: human mesenchymal stromal cells and primary mouse neural progenitors.
How do I store the screenMATRIX plates?
The screenMATRIX 96-well plate can be stored at room temperature for up to 12 months from date of manufacture.
Available in the USA
Captivate Bio is an authorized distributor of the screenMATRIX, myMATRIX iPSC, and myMATRIX MSC biomatrices.
Manufactured following cGMP and ISO 9001 standards. Meets SAL of 10-3 according to standard ISO 11137-2 and 13004.
A rapid tool to identify the ideal microenvironment for optimal cell performance.
Compatible with various cell culture media, plate readers, and high-resolution imaging.