Small Molecules for Stem Cell Research
RepSox is a potent and selective inhibitor of the TGF-β type 1 receptor (TGFβRI)/ALK5 that exhibits cell permeability and specifically inhibits ALK5 autophosphorylation with IC50 of 4 nM. When used in conjunction with CHIR99021, LDN193189, and Y27632, among others, RepSox aids in the generation of functional human pancreatic beta cells from human pluripotent stem cells (PSCs) (Pagliuca, et al.).
RepSox has also been shown to contribute to the reprogramming of mouse embryonic fibroblasts to iPSCs (Subramanyam, et al.), in addition to the induction of human fibroblasts into neuronal cells for research on Alzheimer’s disease (Hu, et al). It has also been used as a basal media component for culturing human pluripotent stem cells.
Description: Potent and selective inhibitor of TGF-βRI
Alternative Names: ALK5 inhibitor II, ALK5 Inhibitor, ALK5i, E-616452, SJN2511
Chemical Name: 2-(3-(6-methylpyridin-2-yl)-1H-pyrazol-4-yl)-1,5-naphthyridine
Purity: Greater than 95% by LCMS
|Alternative Names||ALK5 inhibitor II, ALK5 Inhibitor, ALK5i, E-616452, SJN2511|
|Purity||Greater than 95% by LCMS|
|Physical Appearance||Light yellow to yellow (Solid)|
|Shelf-Life||≥ 2 years (powder)|
|Storage||Store at -20°C|
|Quality Statement||This product is for Research Use Only and is not intended for therapeutic or diagnostic use.|
- RepSox Technical Data Sheet
- RepSox SDS
- Brochure: Small Molecules for Stem Cell Research
- FAQs: General Guide for Small Molecules
References and Publications
- Hu, et al. 2015. Direct conversion of normal and Alzheimer’s disease human fibroblasts into neuronal cells by small molecules. Cell Stem Cell. 17(2): 204-212.
- Pagliuca, et al. 2014. Generation of functional human pancreatic β cells in vitro. Cell 159: 428-439.
- Subramanyam, et al. 2011. Multiple targets of miR-302 and miR-372 promote reprogramming of human fibroblasts to induced pluripotent stem cells. Nature Biotechnology. 29:443-448.