Size: 10 mg
Small Molecules for Stem Cell Research
CHIR99021 is a highly-potent and -selective inhibitor of GSK3α (IC50 of 10) and GSK3β (IC50 of 6.7), exhibiting over 500-fold selectivity when compared to its nearest homologs. CHIR99021 has been an effective component within differentiation protocols of pluripotent stem cells (PSCs) into human pancreatic beta cells (Pagliuca, et al.), neural progenitor cells (Li, et al. & Qi, et al.), cardiovascular progenitor cells (Cao, et al.), and functional cardiomyocytes (Lian, et al. & Burridge, et al.).
Additionally, CHIR99021 has been shown to promote the induction of human PSCs (Li, W. et al.) and self-renewal of PSCS for maintenance purposes (Ying, et al.).
Description: Highly selective GSK-3 inhibitor; acts as Wnt activator
Alternative Names: CHIR99021, CT99021
Chemical Name: 6-[[2-[[4-(2,4-Dichlorophenyl)-5-(5-methyl-1H-imidazol-2-yl)-2 pyrimidinyl]amino]ethyl]amino]-3-pyridinecarbonitrile Purity: ≥ 98%
Features & Benefits
- High quality guaranteed
- Low price and fast delivery
- Third-party tested and validated
- High purity and consistent activity
|Alternative Names||CT 99021, CHIR-99021, CHIR 99021|
|Chemical Name||6-[2-[4-(2,4-Dichlorophenyl)-5-(4-methyl-1H-imidazol-2-yl)pyrimidin-2- ylamino]ethylamino]pyridine-3-carbonitrile|
|Purity||Greater than 95% by LCMS analysis|
|Physical Appearance||White to yellow (Solid)|
|Shelf-Life||≥ 2 years (powder)|
|Storage||Store at -20°C|
|Quality Statement||This product is for Research Use Only and is not intended for therapeutic or diagnostic use.|
References and Publications
- Qi, et al. 2017. Combined small-molecule inhibition accelerations the derivation of functional cortical neurons from human pluripotent stem cells. Nature Biotechnology 35(2): 154-163.
- Burridge, et al. 2015. Chemically defined culture and cardiomyocyte differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells. Curr Protoc Hum Genet. 87(1): 1-15.
- Pagliuca, et al. 2014. Generation of functional human pancreatic β cells in vitro. Cell 159: 428-439.
- Cao, et al. 2013. Highly efficient induction and long-term maintenance of multipotent cardiovascular progenitors from human pluripotent stem cells under defined conditions. 23:1119-11132.
- Lian, et al. 2013. Directed cardiomyocyte differentiation from human pluripotent stem cells by modulating Wnt/β-catenin signaling under fully defined conditions. Nature Protocols 8(1): 162-175.
- Li, et al. 2011. Rapid induction and long-term self-renewal of primitive neural precursors from human embryonic stem cells by small molecule inhibitors. PNAS. 108(20): 8299-304. Li, W., et al. 2009. Generation of human-induced pluripotent stem cells in the absence of exogenous Sox2. Stem Cells 27: 2992-3000.
- Ying, Q., et al. 2008. The ground state of embryonic stem cell self-renewal. Nature 453: 519-523.